The microphone widget can be customized in appearance and behaviour.
Use the guide below to customize:
The size, theme & prompt attributes can all be customized.
- size can be set to either large (default) or small.
- theme can be set to either square (default) or round.
- prompt can be optionally included to include a question prompt above the recorder.
- spacing can be added above and below the recorder by specifying a CSS attribute
- recordButtonColor can be optionally included to specify the color of the record button. The default color is red.
- recordButtonTextColor can be optionally included to specify the color of the "Record" text on the record button. The default color is white.
- backupText can be set either true or false to enable a backup text box as an alternative to recording audio.
- audioRecordingFormat can be set to either WAV or MP3.
- startRecordingImmediately begins recording immediately. This is only available for WAV (not MP3).
- autoSubmit submits immediately after someone clicks record.
- miccheck can be set true to let respondents verify their microphone works without submitting a response, and check web browser compatibility.
- showCounter can be set to true to display a timer counting up during recording.
- showPlayback can be set to true or false to allow the user to playback their audio afterwards. This defaults to true.
- platform can be set to either decipher, spss, qualtrics, or left blank.
- min-response-duration and max-response-duration can be set to any duration (in seconds). Respondents will not be able to submit recordings below (minimum) or above (maximum) the time specified.
labelFormat can be set to custom, enabling all other labels to be modified as well. This is especially helpful if you would like these labels to appear in a different language.
recordText, the default of which is "Record".
rerecordText, the default of which is "Re-Record".
submitText, the default of which is "Submit".
doneText, the default of which is "Done!".
recordText="insert your text"
rerecordText="insert your text"
submitText="insert your text"
doneText="insert your text"